It has been less than 24 hours since I installed Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion Laptop and so far I am in love. The laptop was purchased with Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit, 4 GB RAM, AMD Turion X2, ATI Radeon HD 3200 and 250 GB hard drive. Vista ran like a dead dog! With this type of computing power there should be little or no delays when running simple applications such as Word 2003, but everything wanted to drag. Because of this, I was forced to disable all of the Aero functions, the sidebar gadgets and anything else that made Vista... well Vista. Clean install of Windows 7 fixed all those issues. I feel like I have just purchased a brand new computer! With the default install of IE 8, surfing the web is lightning fast for sites that would take minutes to render before. Switching between open applications with Aero running is completely painless. This computer is fun again! Only drivers that were needed were for the integrated SD card reader, and I updated the ATI video driver to the latest edition, everything else was installed by default, even the integrated multimedia touchpad worked. The HP Quickplay software is not compatible, but with Windows Media Player 12 it is really unnecessary.
So yes, I am giving M$ a big pat on the back with this operating system. It is highly functional, fun, easy to use, feature rich and attractive, everything they wanted for Vista but was not able to deliver. I will check back later to let you know what I have learned.
Click the image to see a fullsize view of my Windows 7 desktop demonstrating the cool new features of the Taskbar.
No comments:
Post a Comment